- Obama claims I have an obligation to recess appoint
- Constitution Article 2 Sec 2: The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.
- Dodd Frank legislation for bureau boss
- Reid culpability?
- Sargent plumline Obama to GOP get out of the way
- Grand strategy over recess appointments
- NYT Bucking Senate Obama appts consumer chief
- Guest 320pm Trey Gowdy R SC on opposing Recess Appt
WASHINGTON, D.C.- Today, Representative Trey Gowdy (SC-04) released the following statement in response to President Obama's recess appointments to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
"For someone who habitually brags about being a constitutional law scholar, it is appalling how little regard President Obama has for the document. Apparently unconvinced the republic could stay knitted together long enough for the Senate to execute its constitutional responsibility of "Advise and Consent", the President – ignoring legal precedent, the fact that the Senate has been in pro forma session, his administration's previous legal analysis of what constitutes a "recess" and his own promises during the campaign – appointed 3 members to the increasingly hyper-partisan NLRB and a director of the nascent (and hopefully terminal) Consumer Financial Protection Bureau."
"I realize constitutional republics are sometimes deliberate. I realize that in constitutional republics the Chief Executive does not always get what he/she wants precisely when he/she wants it. I also realize ours is into the 3rd century. We flirted with having a King and then thought better of it."
"It is my hope these unprecedented extra-constitutional actions will be challenged in court. Turning the NLRB into a taxpayer funded law firm for big Labor and creating a CFPB answerable to no one are separate issues. Ignoring the foundational document of this country to buttress one's re-election prospects is an abomination."
- A Shale fuelled Miracle
- Guest 336pm Dr. Jeremy Boak, Center for Oil Shale Technology at the Colorado School of Mines
- Union dues to Dems over GOP
- Jobs surge as jobless claims fall to 372k
- NYT worries about income mobility, but buries single parents as factor
- Obamanomics: Kodak prepares to go under
- Boeing to lay off 2100
- Guest: 420pm Rep Pete Olson TX 22 on Keystone XL
He represents Houston and many of the refineries in the region and is quite passionate about approval for the Keystone pipeline.
- 436pm Income at Home Spot!
- Cain to launch 999 bus tour
- Occupy DC, ‘Send Help!'
- Santorum raises 1m since last night
- Taliban deal grating
- Lifelock Spot
- GUEST 535pm Dennis Romero from LA WEEKLY on Burkhart story, are they Chechens or Russians or what?
- Single mother calls 911 asks if its okay to shoot intruder